1. Cord organizer 2. Luggage tags 3. Eye mask 4. Headphone splitter 5. Backpack 6. Beanie 7. Poo-Pourri
8. Scarf 9. Airbnb gift card 10. World map ring 11. Natural deodorant 12. Tripod 13. Packing cubes
Welcome back to the Ultimate Gift Guide series!
Now that Thanksgiving is over, it feels like the holidays are officially rushing towards us at a crazy pace. I’m not complaining, because I love me some Christmas! But phew. I’m sure many of you have been furiously scouring the internet trying to find the best Black Friday deals and unique gift ideas for the people in your life. Holiday gifting is fun, but sometimes it feels like a full-time job, right? I’m here to help with this three-part gift guide series.
If you missed last week’s gift guide for budget travelers or the previous week’s gift guide for solo travelers, check those out first and then come back and meet me here. It’s okay, I’ll wait! (They’re really good and full of great ideas, I promise.) This week, we’re tackling a massive gift guide for traveling couples, with items they’ll actually want, need and USE! No kitschy, overpriced airplane cocktail kits here, my friends.
Let’s get into it!
Traveling can be a magical, thrilling, wonderful, educational…and stressful experience. Particularly when traveling with other people (and especially people you’re close to), it is vital to make sure everyone is as comfortable and at ease as possible. When sleeping in close quarters (European bed arrangements, anyone?), there are some small items travelers can take with them to help ensure that everyone is comfy. These ideas make the perfect practical gifts for traveling couples who want to enjoy their trip and each others’ company to the fullest!
I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.
To Keep Traveling Couples Comfortable:
- When one person wants to stay up working (or their sleep schedules are out of whack due to jet lag) and the other wants to sleep, an eye mask is a lifesaver! Regular eye masks kind of suck (who wants their eyelashes pushed into their eyeballs all night?) but these Bucky eye masks are contoured around the eye for perfect comfort. Also super affordable. Voilá!
- Ear plugs. I know, basic. But seriously, these tiny pieces of foam save marriages every day. Perfect tiny stocking stuffer addition!
- Nobody talks about the bathroom struggle while traveling. Things happen when you’re on the road, y’all. We all know it. And when you’re sharing one (often tiny) bathroom in an enclosed space…let’s just say you want to keep things smelling decent. Enter Poo-Pourri! A little spritz of this magical stardust does wonders for tight quarters and shared bathrooms. Practical gifts for the win, seriously.
- Stylish water bottles! Everyone needs to stay hydrated while traveling, and these beautiful S’well bottles help keep both parties from going dry. All designs are obviously unisex – this one and this one are my top two picks.
- Natural deodorants are all the rage these days (and for good reason). This one by Schmidt’s and this one by Nani Naturals are my favorites!
Shop gift ideas:
To Keep Them Warm and Cozy:
- This beautiful fleece-lined knit beanie by Plush. Holy warmth! This cozy hat is perfect gift for your traveling gal pals trekking around in the middle of the winter months with their partner.
- A winter scarf like this cozy flecked cable option by Fred Perry will keep any guy’s neck warm and stylish at the same time.
- Neck pillows, y’all. Most of them aren’t that great. This one by Turtl is. Keep your traveling friends comfortable (and help them avoid the dreaded 3 hour long airplane shoulder nap – starts out cute, ends with a numb shoulder and a face full of weird wrinkly lines for both parties).
- Touch screen gloves are the way of the future! (Okay, maybe they’ve been around for awhile. But I still find them fascinating.) These North Face e-gloves for women and these iGotTech gloves for men are perfect for the traveling couple who wants to stay warm while also finding the nearest pub on their phone.
Shop gift ideas:
For the Techy Traveling Couple:
Extra special gifts:
- For a more high-end, special gift that is sure to excite any tech nerd, give them a top of the line drone like this one by DJI. Well-loved and highly reviewed, this small, super portable drone captures incredible photo and video footage from the sky!
- Another special high end tech item would be the GoPro HERO5, which is the best selling action camera of its kind and perfect for couples traveling to tropical destinations who want to get underwater footage.
- A high quality portable speaker like this one by Bose provides the perfect soundtrack to a romantic evening back at the Airbnb while on the road! Don’t forget to throw in a carrying case.
- For those who prefer to kick back and relax with a good book (or 10) on vacation, gift them a Kindle Paperwhite (or, for a more budget-friendly option, an Amazon Fire 7)!
- To help keep their devices safe and sound while adventuring, an Otterbox phone case is the perfect gift. This one and this one are my favorie designs for the new iPhone X cases.
- Keeping all those devices charged up can be a challenge for couples with multiple items to plug in! Some great stocking stuffer ideas would be this two-port USB wall charger (works with both iPhone and Samsung), this car charger for road trips, or this Apple-certified iPhone charging cord…because we all know how easy those things are to lose and how pricey they can be to replace!
- A tripod is essential for couples traveling alone because it allows them to capture moments with both of them actually in the photo! Rather than perching a camera on some precarious ledge, give the gift of easy photo ops and put this super affordable, high quality tripod by AmazonBasics under their tree.
- Last but certainly not least, make sure they’re able to charge their devices no matter where they are with this European travel adapter, which features two USB ports. This is the adapter I currently have (and love!) and it’s perfect for traveling with a partner when you both need to charge your devices at the same time.
Shop gift ideas:
If you’re looking for something a little unexpected to gift your traveling friends, check out these special, more personalized ideas:
- These gorgeous National Parks candles by Laura Reid – they’re handmade and will be a completely unexpected gift! Perfect for the outdoorsy couple.
- How about some His & Hers luggage tags? These ones are classic and cute. Side note: where are all the Hers & Hers or His & His tags? Get on it, travel industry.
- These gorgeous hammered bangle bracelets can be personally engraved with coordinates, dates, or quotes that are special to each individual couple. So pretty!
- A tea sampler from around the world! Such a cool gift idea for the couple who has everything and/or loves cozying up together with a cup of tea.
- This gorgeous personalized world map makes for an extra special gift for the couple who loves to travel! A beautiful handmade keepsake for any couple, the map comes personalized with their names and their wedding anniversary (or any other date you think might be special to them) and 100 pins for marking off where they’ve been together.
- Monogrammed leather passport cases. Does it get any classier?
- Another personalized art option is this adorable handmade heart map, which includes a map of each partner’s hometown, their names and a special date.
- A travel stub diary is a fantastic way for couples to document where they’ve been together!
- If you want to help the traveling couple in your life find the perfect place to stay while traveling, get them started with this Airbnb gift card. You can also sneak them this promo code to give them up to $40 off their first booking!
- Finally, this “Adventure Together” piece can be similarly personalized and is equally adorable.
Shop gift ideas:
To Keep Couples Organized:
- The beautiful leather charger organizer pictured above is an extra special, unique gift for any couple! It can also be personalized via monogram if you want to go the extra mile.
- For something a little more utilitarian, check out this travel cable/charger organizer, which is perfect for the photographer couple that has to bring a lot of gear with them on their travels!
- Okay, let’s talk basic, practical gifts that no one thinks of: headphone splitters! When a couple wants to watch a movie together on the plane or listen to some music at the same time, they’re stuck. Unless they have one of these handy-dandy splitters. Perfect stocking stuffer gift!
- Backpacks are so helpful for traveling couples looking to stay organized and keep their valuables safe. This fancy anti-theft backpack is new on the market and looks pretty incredible at avoiding pickpockets! My personal favorite, however, is this Travelon backpack. It has kept my stuff safe, held up beautifully to many European journeys and rough handling, and fits SO much more than you’d expect. I love everything about it. More on how I pack it coming up soon in a packing guide here on the blog!
- Another stylish backpack option is the classic Herschel (bonus: tons of color options).
- For organizing makeup, this bag by Mr. Pro provides a unique option for the traveler who wants to keep all of her makeup and toiletries in one, upright, compact place.
- This handsome shaving bag is perfect for corralling a man’s toiletries too!
- It wouldn’t be a gift guide without me recommending these Eagle Creek packing cubes for the millionth time. I know, I know…so boring. But let me tell you, these things might legitimately save some marriages – you never know! Perfect gift for any couple traveling together and trying to keep their items separate and organized.
- Here are some more affordable packing cubes if you don’t want to pony up for Eagle Creek.
Shop gift ideas:
You made it!
I hope you found some fresh, new gift ideas for all the traveling couples in your life. As always, if you have any questions, drop them in the comments below or send me a message! Follow along on Instagram to see where I’m headed next (hint: some really fun upcoming trips!) or on Facebook or Twitter. Or Pinterest (I’m on Pinterest way too much, ahem).
Okay, that’s all folks!
Happy shopping! And happy holidays!
Pin it for later:
Note: There may be affiliate links in this post, which won’t cost you anything to use, but if you choose to purchase through these links, I’ll get a teeny commission, which will help me keep this blog going. Thanks for your support!