Table of Contents
A Quick Note About The Hello Rewards Program
Before we dive in to the rest of this post, I wanted to take a minute to introduce you to RLH Corporation’s brand new Hello Rewards program! Their guest recognition perks actually offer real rewards to the everyday American traveler. Forget exclusive “elite status” climbing and arbitrary points you’ll never use. Hard pass.
Instead, Hello Rewards offers instant gratification! For example, get $10 in your “Hello Bucks” bank for every night you stay that you can then use towards breakfast, your next stay, and much more. Hello Rewards are easy to use and help make the booking process even easier, making their hotels perfect for road-trippers and other last-minute travelers.
In addition to each set of Hello Bucks you earn, all Hello Rewards members qualify for a 10% standard discount as a loyalty perk. Doesn’t get much better than that! Learn more about Hello Rewards here.
Bonus: If you book your stay at one of RLH Corporation’s hotels using my code Voyager, you’ll receive 30 Hello Bucks when booking to use towards a future trip!
Hotel RL Brooklyn is one of RLH Corporation’s beautifully designed boutique hotels, located in the heart of Brooklyn, New York. Situated right between the neighborhoods of Bushwick and Bed-Stuy, surrounded by vibrant murals and an active community, a stay at Hotel RL offers a unique window into what life in Brooklyn is really like. Side note: Bushwick was the first neighborhood I lived in when I moved to Brooklyn almost ten years ago!
Visiting New York City can often be overwhelming, pricey and exhausting. But when you choose to stay in a neighborhood in Brooklyn, away from the touristy hustle and bustle of Manhattan, you will be rewarded with a much more relaxing, authentic experience at a fraction of the cost of other NYC area hotels. Hotel RL offers mid-range pricing with fantastic amenities and boutique design elements – a combination you won’t find elsewhere.
As a New York City resident for over nine years, I’ve written some comprehensive guides to exploring the city, finding the city’s best affordable food options, and much more, which you can check out below:
- A New Yorker’s Inside Guide to New York City
- 20 Cheap Places to Eat in New York City
- 30 Instagram Worthy Desserts In New York City
The rest of my NYC posts can be found here!
Looking for a real NYC experience?
You won’t find it staying at a tourist-trap hotel in the middle of Times Square. (In fact, let me encourage you to stay far, far away from Times Square at all costs. Ahem.) The best way to get an authentic glimpse of NYC is to pick a hotel in a neighborhood that still retains its original character.
Hotel RL Brooklyn provides exactly that, while adding in a hefty helping of friendly service, a welcoming environment unlike any other hotel in its class, and superior accommodations.
Whether you’re traveling for business or simply taking a vacation, Hotel RL Brooklyn will make you feel right at home!
What’s Special About Hotel RL Brooklyn?
Well, quite a few things make Hotel RL stand out, but one of my personal favorite reasons is their commitment to community engagement and improvement. They currently have several initiatives in place that offer their guests opportunities to educate themselves and get involved with local charities and other projects making a positive impact.
Hotel RL’s Project Wake Up Call operates with the belief that everyone deserves to sleep with a roof over their heads. Project Wake Up Call is a philanthropic initiative that uses photography to raise awareness and fundraising in partnership with local charities to coincide with every new Hotel RL opening.
The organization spotlighted by Hotel RL Brooklyn is the amazing Ali Forney Center for LGBTQIA+ homeless youth in New York City. The Ali Forney Center’s mission is to protect LGBTQIA+ youth from the dangers of homelessness while empowering them with the tools and resources they need to live independently. Find out more about their incredibly important work here.
Another awesome incentive that Hotel RL offers in exchange for helping the community is a complimentary night at the Hotel RL of your choice when you donate $100 or more (terms and conditions apply). Any and all donations are welcome and will be directed to your selected charity organization. How awesome is that?!
What Hotel Amenities Does Hotel RL Offer?
- Accessible rooms (including rooms with roll-in showers)
- Pet-friendly stays
- A beautiful co-working space open all day
- Restaurant with delicious offerings
- Live performances at The Living Stage
- A bar (both regular and coffee bar)
Want Local Recommendations For The Neighborhood?
Hotel RL has you covered! From restaurant suggestions to local events, popular attractions, and outdoor adventures, they are happy to help you craft the perfect itinerary for your stay. Their team is welcoming, friendly, and helpful – so don’t be afraid to ask for ideas or tips during your visit!
Here are some more things to do in Bed-Stuy and a great overview of the neighborhood and its history (Jay-Z is from Bed-Stuy, if you didn’t already know). There’s so much to explore, especially when it comes to food and street art!
But wait, there’s more!
RLH Corporation has a collection of fantastic hotel options to suit every traveler’s needs. Besides their Hotel RL brand, they also offer a wide range of styles and affordably priced accommodations you’ve probably heard of before! Here’s a quick rundown:
- Red Lion Hotels – the original hotel brand lives on, bringing warm service, local tips and more
- Hotel RL – for open-minded travelers looking to experience local culture in a boutique environment
- Red Lion Inn & Suites – valuing memorable experiences and making travel effortless for their guests
- Lexington Hotels – an American hotel perfect for families and professional travelers alike
- Signature Inn – offering a unique, retro-modern vibe with great service
- GuestHouse – elevating the hotel experience by making you feel right at home
- Knights Inn – affordable pricing and reliable essentials you need on the road
- America’s Best Value Inn – small business feel and the best value in town
- Canada’s Best Value Inn – a friendly and affordable option for solo travelers and families alike in Canada
More Details About Hotel RL Brooklyn
- Location: Hotel RL Brooklyn is situated conveniently in Brooklyn in the neighborhood of Bushwick. Only 1 block away from the Kosciuszko Street subway station (J train) or about 3 blocks from the Myrtle Avenue subway station (M, J & Z trains), it is easy and quick to get back and forth to Manhattan as well as explore Brooklyn and Queens. P.S. My favorite free app for navigating NYC is Citymapper!
- Amenities: Open co-working space, WiFi, breakfast, accessibility features, pet-friendly rooms, a restaurant and coffee bar, live performances weekly, a bar, discounted stays for seniors and auto club members, and more.
- Pricing: Rooms from $112 (mid-week)
- Book your stay: Find the lowest prices & reserve a room at Booking.com, or book directly – don’t forget to use my code Voyager to receive 30 Hello Bucks!